We are incredibly excited to announce that our Charity Van service (#CharityVan) will be piloting soon in London!
Gone for Good launched nationally, 2 years ago. We were and still are the only app on the market that enables people to donate stuff to charity and get it picked up for free. Evolving, to match demand, we have partnered with 7 charities to provide a courier service that aims to improve the charity donor experience.
The Gone for Good #CharityVan is a FREE courier service that enables people to donate unwanted and reusable clothes, electrical items and furniture to charity quickly and easily.
From October 15th 2018, residents within the M25, will be able to use the Gone for Good App to arrange collection of preloved items and donate them to one of our partnering charities.
There are 102 charity retail outlets, within the capital, involved in the pilot scheme.
- It’s fast! The Gone for Good #CharityVan can collect donations within 4 days of a donor using the app. This means that you won’t have bags cluttering up your hallway for days on end.
- It’s accessible! The service will operate 7 days a week, with collection slots that include evenings. There’s no need to wait in all day as you can choose a slot that suits you.
- It’s convenient! From the smartphone app and website, you can donate from the comfort of your sofa. The hassle of finding a parking space close to your chosen charity shop is a going to become a problem of the past.
- It’s affordable! That’s because it’s FREE; free to download and free to use!
- It’s great for the charity! With touch screen technology, gift aid is quicker and easier to process. Charities will have reduced administration costs, while van overheads and vehicle insurance will all be taken care of by Gone for Good.
Seven leading charities are partnering with us for this pilot scheme. They are:
Download the app from one of the links below. When the #CharityVan launches, in mid October, there will be an app update available. Click on that and you’re ready to go! Even if you live outside of London, the regular Gone for Good service will still be in operation.